Wednesday 5 February 2020

A WISH (Poem)


I wish the sun upon this land will forever set
And the clever moon will take eternal rest
I wish the stars will lose their fading light
That darkness might lay its wonted nest

I wish the history books were better written
That I was in deed a hero not the outcast villain
I wish yesterday’s record can easily be undone
That myself I might rekindle to never be alone

I wish the sky will never again weep in pain
That there might never be such thing as rain
I wish the soggy clouds above will dry and drain
That rainfall might never be seen again

I wish our paths never had crossed
That my story you never did know or read
I wish we never grew close or get accustomed
That from you this piteous me was hid

I wish the rivers will overflow to blazing flood
That the waters might raze this land for good
I wish nature itself had long been murdered
That my glum like wildfire might spread abroad

I wish myself I can erase as a forgotten folklore
That it come to early end this sorry tale of woe
I wish to dream and to wake no more
That this nightmare might forever be gone

Poem by: OLA OGUN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

The street... our territory!

We patronize the street Running up and down; the street’s errand Workers of the street Making lively mood our land     We enrich th...